Friday 8 February 2013

WE ARE THE MODS, WE ARE THE MODS, WE ARE, WE ARE, WE ARE THE (FACEBOOK) MODS



There are a couple of Facebook pages I’ve been trawling through recently which feature hundreds of fascinating photographs. They have self-explanatory titles, the first being Mod Photographs which covers all eras but the 60s pics are the most interesting. The above shows lads and lasses from Earlsfield, South London circa ‘64/’65 including Roy Clarke (on the centre Vespa) and Roy Baldock (to the left of the Deerstalker).

The other is The Great Mod Revival Bands 1978-1987 which isn’t quite my bag but the photo section again throws up loads of period pictures and acts as a good memory jogger for anyone who sported a parka and skinny tie during those years. Thanks to Subbaculture (one of my favourite sites, go look them up too) for putting me on to this one.

Altogether now... 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great that we now have access to all these documents? I remember back when all you had were the photos in the Mods book and little, if any, first-hand resources.

    We used to always wonder what had become of all those original mods. Now, they all have access to scanners, Facebook, and blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, absolutely. I still get a buzz out of every new one I see.

    ReplyDelete