Friday 7 December 2012

THE SIDEWINDER PLAYLIST – 6 DECEMBER 2012



I take my hat off to anyone who runs a proper mod club in this day and age and for Sidewinder to make a success of it monthly on a Thursday night is doubly impressive. A good turn out again yesterday when Andy Lewis and I guested alongside Dave E and Gilo. I dusted off these. Some new acquisitions, some regular spins, and some I’d not played since those halcyon Shake nights of 2001-2006.  

The Miracles – If Your Mother Only Knew (Tamla)
Garland Green – Ain’t That Good Enough (Revue)
The Impressions – This Is My Country (Curtom)
Willis Jackson – Goose Pimples (Cadet)
Big Daddy Green – Who Done It (Anla)
Ronnie Milsap – A Thousand Miles From Nowhere (Scepter)
James Rivers – Bird Brain (Eight-Ball)
Roosevelt Grier – Since You’ve Been Gone (RIK)
Lyn Westbrook – Take Your Time (Kimtone)
James Kirk – Tell Me Please (Guyden)
Marvin Gaye – Stubborn Kind Of Fellow (Tamla)
Jimmy Merchant – Skin The Cat (Bo-Mar)
Clarence Carter – Snatching It Back (Atlantic)

Big Maybelle – Do Lord (Brunswick)
The Pacesetters – The Monkey Whip (Correc-Tone)
Charles Farren – You Got Everything (Limelight)
Darrow Fletcher – The Pain Gets A Little Deeper (Groovy)
Grover Pruitt – Little Girl (Salem)
Sugar Boy Williams – Little Girl (Herald)
Jesse Pearson – I Got A Feelin’ I’m Fallin’ (RCA Victor)
Gale Garnett – I’ll Cry Alone (RCA Victor)
Earl Stanley – Fish Eyes (Pitassy)
The Belles – Don’t Pretend (Mirwood)
Bettye Swann – The Heartache Is Gone (Money)
Slyvia Robbins – Don’t Let Your Eyes Get Bigger Than Your Heart (Sue)

Sidewinder Club is at The Wenlock and Essex, Essex Road, Islington, N1 on the first Thursday of every month. 7.30-11.00. Admission free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment